This seminar will provide you with strategies, activities, resources and information that will impact your clients/children immediately! You will discover regulation, sensory and play intervention strategies that will improve performance in the following areas: relationships, self-esteem, gross motor/postural/coordination abilities, body in space, safety, fine motor/handwriting, pre-academics, behavior, executive function (attention, organization), and ADL's (activities of daily living).
- Excessive temper tantrums/difficulty with transitions
- Distracted by background noises that others don't seem to hear
- Limited eye contact
- In constant motion or excessively lethargic
- Anxious in crowds or large groups
- Won't play on their tummies
- Is overly fearful of swings and playground equipment
- A constant need to touch people or textures, even when it is inappropriate to do so
- Doesn't understand personal space even when same age peers are old enough to understand it
- Never plays or works independently
- Identify the importance of play in self-regulation and how to facilitate it.
- Explain how sensory dysfunction impacts motor performance, behavior and learning.
- Formulate activity recommendations to impact modulations in all 7 sensory systems.
- Modify the environment to aid in self-regulation.
- Develop a plan to effectively improve self-regulation in young children.
- Utilize cutting edge information, techniques and programs to improve outcomes.
Continuing Education Credit Information
All attendees will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course for 6.5 hours of continuing education instruction to participants who are in full attendance and who complete the course evaluation form.
Dynamic Kids is an AOTA approved provider of continuing education. Provider # 11434. Full attendance at this course qualifies for 6.5 contact hours or .65 CEU’s in the Domain of OT and Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEU’s does not imply endorsement of specific course content, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
This course will qualify for 6.5 hours Approved Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) hours. Full attendance is required for CTLE credit.